Top Three Useful Features of Outlook and Their Use3 min read
Over the years, Outlook is increasingly being used by millions of people worldwide. Having an account on Outlook gives you an excellent opportunity to manage your multiple email accounts from one location. Besides, Outlook comes with multiple useful features some of which are not known to its users.
Here, we will discuss the top three useful features of Outlook, i.e., email encryption, set out of office in Outlook, and blocking an email address. Read on to explore them and ensure a whole-new experience with one of the leading email clients across the world.
Top Three Features of MS Outlook
Before we discuss how to set or enable the three useful features of Outlook, let’s have a quick overview of what these features are and what they have to offer. Here’s a look at them:
- Email encryption in Outlook: This feature allows you to encrypt all the email content in an unreadable format. Only the designated email recipient can open the email and read its content.
- Out of Office: The Out of Office feature of Outlook allows you to set an automated message which will get triggered to an email sender who sends you an email in your absence or while you are not in a position to acknowledge the email.
- Block email address: Like most other email platforms, Outlook, too, allows you to block an email address from which you want to stop receiving emails. These could be marketing and promotional emails, unwanted person’s email, etc.
How to Enable the Outlook Features?
Now that you’ve read about the top three useful features of Outlook, read on to explore how to enable them. To start with, if you are wondering how to encrypt email in Outlook, follow the steps mentioned under:
- Login to your Outlook account and click on the ‘Options’ tab from the ‘More Options’ group.
- Click on the dialog box launcher located in the lower-right corner of the Outlook window.
- Click on Security Settings and then select the ‘Encrypt message contents and attachments’ check box.
- Compose your email and click on send.
To get an answer to the question, how to set out of office in Outlook: you can follow the steps mentioned under:
- Click on ‘File’ and then on ‘Automatic Replies’.
- Select the option, ‘Send automatic replies’ option in the ‘Automatic Replies’ box.
- Type your message in the required space and click on ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Now, the third useful feature of Outlook, i.e., Outlook block sender allows you to block an email address and restrict receiving any emails from the blocked sender. To enable this feature, you need to follow the steps mentioned under:
- Open Outlook and then the Inbox folder.
- Select all the emails that you want to block and then click on ‘Junk Mail’ followed by ‘Block Sender’.
- All the selected emails will be deleted and Outlook will add the email IDs to the blocked senders list.
So, these are some of the most useful features of Outlook and their setup process. Follow them the exact way and start using the email client in a customized way.