The goals of the program are to promote outstanding treatment for rare disease patients, elevate collaboration, improve standards of care, advance research and increase awareness about rare diseases in the broader medical and patient communities.
Each provider was selected in a competitive application process requiring evidence of staffing with experts across multiple specialties to meet the needs of patients and significant contributions to rare disease patient education, physician training and research.
Below are the 31 health providers honored, listed in alphabetical order and not ranked.
1. Baylor College of Medicine/Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center/Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston
2. Children’s Hospital of Orange County/UC Irvine in California
3. Children’s Wisconsin/Medical College of Wisconsin in Wauwatosa, Wis.
4. Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
5. Columbia University Irving Medical Center in New York City
6. Duke Health Rare Disease Center in Durham, N.C.
7. Emory University (Atlanta) and Children’s Healthcare in Druid Hills, Ga.
8. Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai (New York City) Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences
9. Indiana University Health-Indiana University School of Medicine in Indianapolis
10. Johns Hopkins Medicine/Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore
11. Mass General Hospital/Mass General Hospital for Children/Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston
12. Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.
13. M Health Fairview Masonic Children’s Hospital in Minneapolis
14. McGovern Medical School in Houston
15. Nationwide Children’s Hospital/Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio
16. OU Health/University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center in Oklahoma City
17. Penn Medicine/Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
18. Rare Disease Institute at Children’s National Hospital in Washington, D.C.
19. University of Alabama at Birmingham Medicine/Children’s of Alabama
20. University of California, San Francisco & UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals
21. University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus/Children’s Hospital Colorado/UCHealth in Aurora
22. University of Iowa Health Care in Iowa City
23. University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
24. UNC Children’s – North Carolina Children’s Hospital in Chapel Hill
25. UNMC Munroe-Meyer Institute, Omaha Children’s Hospital and Nebraska Medicine
26. UPMC Center for Rare Disease Therapy in Pittsburgh
27. UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas
28. University of Utah Medical Genetics in Salt Lake City
29. University of Wisconsin Center for Rare Diseases in Madison, Wis.
30. Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn.
31. Washington University/BJC HealthCare in St. Louis